Friday, April 15, 2011

They Call Me The Pretty Princess

I've been in my new foster home for almost a week now, and I must say I am quite happy here. Since my foster mom has only had boy dogs before me, she treats me like a princess. She hasn't bought me any pretty pink outfits or given me a sparkly pedicure yet, but I get plenty of treats, I get to lounge around all day and take naps whenever I want, and I go for plenty of walks in the sunshine. Occasionally, my foster mom tries to get me to go jogging with her (hello, princesses do not deign to jog; the royalty only sprints).

As a princess, I explore all corners of my kingdom. For instance, when I first got to my foster home, I walked through every room and sniffed my way right into the shower (luckily, the water wasn't running). I enjoy trying new things and investigating new places and objects. Toys are fun. When I'm not wearing my tiara (which is most of the time, since it doesn't fit properly), I also really like having my head rubbed. Despite the stereotype that when you are a princess everything's all about you, I like to focus on the people around me. I follow my foster mom wherever she goes. People make me happy.

1 comment: